WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. — Purdue Libraries will support Purdue Day at the Indiana State Fair on Aug. 9 – welcoming Indiana residents and visitors to learn more about Purdue’s premier research library, enter a drawing to receive a signed copy of Jerry Ross’ Spacewalker: My Journey in Space and Faith as NASA’s Record-Setting Frequent Flyer and pick up a giveaway.
As one of over 30 exhibitors as part of Purdue Day, Purdue Libraries exhibit will line State Fair Boulevard at the Indiana State Fairgrounds in Indianapolis from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Other features of the Purdue Libraries “Purdue Day” exhibit will include:
- Archives – featuring online exhibits available to general public (Flight Archives, Oral Histories, etc.)
- e-Archives – (digital versions of Debris, Indiana Farmers, etc.), finding aids to collections (Orville Redenbacher and many others – offers brief overview of items available to research)
- ePubs – showcasing how we serve the taxpayers of Indiana (extension materials, JTRP [highway research], plant growth, airline quality, etc.)
- JPUR – showcasing Purdue’s undergraduate student research
- Purdue University Press – showcasing their recent books
Details about Purdue Day will be available at Purdue information tents at Gates 1A and 12.
Writer: Shannon Walker, 765-496-6910, firstname.lastname@example.org
Related website: Purdue Schedule of events: http://www.purdue.edu/giving/events/Indiana_State_Fair/