November 2nd, 2020
ILS 59500: Information and Communication Strategies for the Technical Workplace
Meeting Times: DIS
This course emphasizes the importance and role of strong information and communication skills (written, oral, graphical, and interpersonal) in a successful engineering or technology career. Search, evaluate, access, use, and synthesize technical information in order to present information clearly, ethically, and effectively in a variety of professional formats.
1) Articulate the importance and role of strong communication skills in a successful engineering or technology career
2) Recognize the different kinds of technical publications and the processes by which they are created
3) Efficiently search, access, use, and synthesize relevant and appropriate technical literature
4) Critically evaluate information and determine whether it is applicable to the task at hand.
5) Present information clearly and effectively in a variety of technical and professional formats, following appropriate style guides, citing sources, and considering the ethical use of information.
6) Develop effective knowledge management practices, including literature and data management.
Filed under: general, ILS, Spring 2021, teaching if(!is_single()) echo "|"; ?>